The Cold Winter's Rain

Christmas is just past. There's that biting chill in the air, which is very characteristic to this time of the year and before we know it, another year would come to an end. Soon we shall refer to 2013 in the past tense and bury it along with all its ancestors in a land where each year on Jan 1st, we burn bad memories and carry the lessons forward. It's not that often in this season but today, it rained along the drops came the mist, the icy water and lots of memories buried somewhere deep down.


I recently met a man who taught me how to look at life from a fresh perspective and inspired me in spite of what I call my 'mental drunk' state- the phase when my mind is least receptive to any kind of positivity. The way I see it, he practically picked me up from a bar where I lay   drenched in drugs and put me back in the race of life (for this guy is very competitive) after repairing my broken heart, to a large extent and broken spirits, completely. And today, he said goodbye...


...And that's OKAY. If there's anything that I've learnt this year, it is to be able to step back, lose control and surrender to the beauty of life. Yes, I am a believer. I find God's will in everything. I don't care if I get labeled 'Old School' for that. It's something that I've very deeply felt. This post is obviously dedicated to him (He's a great guy!) and all I have to say to him is: Thank You. For some times in life the only way to move forward is to hold each other close for one last time and then, just let go.

Comments

  1. I know he is there. And he will be glad that despite of hardships we thank him and are grateful to him. Beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts