In stead of Sugar-Coating, THIS is what you should have told me

A hurricane met a tornado and two souls were ripped apart. In an accident of karmic cross-connection, a burning flame was buried alive. I was never enough for you. I never will be. And knowing this would have sufficed. In stead, the sublimity of your concoctions led me to have faith in the contrary. That is all I ever truly wanted: To Love and Be Loved. Owing gratitude to your sweet boy facade, I must admit I fell for the act. Foolishly and blindly, I embossed your name on my heart and you, with all your charm and cunning, wrecked me. Rather than sugar-coating, you should have told me the truth. Naked, Sheer TRUTH!

Here is what you should have told me in place of mellifluous, meaningless one-sentence or one-word texts scattered between the sparing yet heavy flirtations, leading me on for your reckless fun and selfish ego-centrism:

  • "I am not looking for anything serious right now.": Getting this clear from Day 1 would have saved us both the drama.
  • "I am commitment phobic": I would have run in the opposite direction to save my life but at least I would have been grateful for the honesty.
  • "I am on the look-out for other dates": Same as above.
  • "Let's not do this right now": The timing! Ah! The timing! Ill-timed amorous efforts are all for vain even in the most romantic love stories. We were but mere beginners.
  • "I don't want to lead you on. I am just not ready for a relationship yet.": This one text from you would have saved me the heartbreak and a life time of pain.
  • "Let us just stay friends in a completely platonic way": I wish you would have said this and meant it.
  • "I am sorry for flirting. I just got carried away. Since I do not wish to get in a relationship, let us end this here": What a wise choice this would have been!
  • " I am sorry for not being respectful of your feelings and acting like a jerk. I should have been up front about being non committal from the very beginning": My wounded heart would have forgiven you even if you would have said this somewhere in the middle of the storm.
  • "I understand that you are looking for a commitment. I, on the other hand, am not": It didn't have to be complicated. Simplicity works best for matters of the heart. 
We started out well and somewhere along the way, let go of all control, lost our senses and embarked on a path of no return. You dipped your toe while I took a dive and drenched. You lied to me, manipulated my feelings, hid facts and took a U-Turn on your words. May be next time you will encounter your shadow self and finally face your demons. 

Comments

Popular Posts